The Federation of Exchange Accommodators (FEA)
The FEA is at the forefront of tracking the current discussions about tax reform and the threat of §1031 repeal.
FEA has created a series of discussion papers which outline the important economic impact of §1031 exchanges.
- Impact of IRC §1031 on the Economy
- IRC Section 1031 Impact on Commercial / Industrial Real Estate
- Report on IRC Section 1031 Impact on Agriculture
- Click here for the full list of FEA white papers
The FEA is the only national trade association organized to represent professionals who conduct like-kind exchanges under Internal Revenue Code §1031. Members include Qualified Intermediaries (QIs), their primary tax and legal counsel, and affiliated industries (TIC sponsors, banks, real estate brokers, title companies, settlement/escrow agents, etc.).
FEA is the voice for the 1031 exchange industry and works diligently to:
- Provide tools, resources and legislative updates to member companies
- Educate consumers on effectively using 1031 exchanges to defer capital gains tax
- Drive legislation to ensure appropriate consumer and industry protection
- Work closely with professions affiliated with the 1031 industry including realtor estate professionals, attorneys, CPAs, DST and NNN Broker/Dealers, escrow agents, and financial institutions